Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 1, Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014

Jere, Dave and I spent Easter Sunday riding from the Pacific to Palm Springs, Calif.  When dipping the wheels in the Pacific (Jere and I didn't, since we're not neophytes), we saw the Easter Bunny on the Beach (The day before we saw a Unicorn in Long Beach ... only in California; I have pictures to prove it.  We rode 117 miles up hill into the desert.  We spent a lot of time riding on bike paths and rode on interstate 10 briefly.  Tomorrow's ride is advertised at 136 miles, all desert.  I doubt I'll be writing anything after tomorrow's ride.

Jere was sociable for the first 100 miles.  We had a headwind into Palm Springs and the three of us were taking turns drafting.  We passed two riders in the group and they jumped on the back.  When they didn't rotate to the front to take their turn in the wind, Jere didn't say anything, but his actions were louder than words.  He accelerated to shake them from our tails.  Dave later ran into the guys in the laundry room and had to them, Jere really is a nice guy.

Gotta go, time to go to bed for the day tomorrow.  I have a learning curve on the blog; as we go along, I'll try to add more stuff ie. links and pictures.


1 comment:

  1. Should be a great evening for a "Gin and Tonic".

    Tim

    ReplyDelete